Just like the song says, "You've got to put one foot in front of the other."

Thursday, April 10, 2014

2014 Race Schedule

After taking much of 2013 off due to a bike injury I've got my 2014 schedule in my mind and kicking off this weekend.  We'll see how it goes, I'm not anticipating anything like what I was doing before, but it will feel good simply to get out there and start moving again.

Saturday, April 12th - Trail Mix 50k.  An early season lap race in Rockford, MN I've run this once before and was miserable because of the weather.  To forecast is looking much better this year and I'm excited to see where my body is at.

Saturday, May 3rd - North Face Endurance Challenge Bear Mountain.  Another blast from my past, the last time I tried this race I was injured and pulled from the course.  My friend Chris and I will be running this and I'm looking to erase my DNF (at least from my mind).  Also a great chance to see New York City and visit McSorley's Old Ale House, a fantastic place to check out.

Saturday, July 5th - Afton 25k.  A short but very challenging run in Afton State Park.  One of the great Minnesota races, right near the river with lots of hills.  This is a new one for me but I'll be running with my friend Scott, he is an old hand at this event so I'll be following closely.

Friday, September 5th - Superior100.  2014 is the year that I'll be tackling the 100 mile distance again, Chris and I have chosen the Superior 100 as our target.  The last two years we've completed the 50 mile course and felt pretty good so naturally we've decided that it's time to bump it up.  I'll be going up to the course in June to run the length over four days and get a sense of what the challenges will be.

This will be a big year for me after the injury in 2013, I'm excited and nervous about what is going to happen, miles to go before I sleep and all that.  Enjoy the weather, get outside, and I'll see you on the trails.

No comments:

Post a Comment