Just like the song says, "You've got to put one foot in front of the other."

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Roseville 6.23k

Nothing too much to report heading into Winter this year. I've switched over to the roads for the most part and put away the FiveFingers until it warms up in Spring. Last Saturday I ran the Roseville School District 6.23k with my friend who is a teacher at one of the elementary schools in the district. For those of you not in Minnesota that was the morning of our first big snowstorm, the Roseville area received over 10 inches of snow and it was about 10 degrees during the entire run. I'm back in the Nike Free 5.0 shoes and they performed really well considering the conditions, I ran 7:51 miles and finished feeling strong. One of my goals for the winter is to keep my running shape better than I did last year so I've committed to more bike commuting and solid weekend runs. Next race is Thanksgiving morning, the 10k Drumstick Dash at Lake Harriet. Stay safe, stay warm, and stay active everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment