Just like the song says, "You've got to put one foot in front of the other."

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Trails behind the apartment

Since I started trail running I'm always on the lookout for local places to run. The majority of my training takes place on the streets near my apartment and so I'm not always as well prepared for races as I'd like to be. Recently I heard about a series of trails behind my apartment and thought it would be a good idea to slap on the FiveFingers and check them out.
The trails follow Nine Mile Creek and connect Moir Park, Harrison Park, and possibly some other parks as well. They do have a gravel and asphalt walking trail but if you study the map it's possible to weave through all the parks on some beautiful trails. Keep an eye out for tree roots and get ready to work out your hill climbing muscles, this is my new favorite place to run. It's not a long series of trails but if you take the time to explore all the little offshoots you can get a pretty decent run in. I only had time to check out a short section but hopefully I'll be able to see what the rest of it looks like soon. Have a great day everyone and get outside :)

No comments:

Post a Comment